Monday, February 28, 2011

Robo Defense 2.0.1 Mini FAQ

Q:

The game is crashing. How do I fix it?

A:

This is affecting a small number of phone models (e.g. HTC Desire). We are collecting crash data and are hoping to have fixes out soon. Version 2.0.1 fixes 3 crash situations but it's not verified that the Desire crashes have been resolved.

---

Q:

I prefer the old graphics. Can you change them back?

A:

The original graphics were developed for 480x320 displays. The newest displays have a 1280x800 resolution with higher resolutions expected soon. Higher resolution graphics are needed to support these new devices.

We are working on changes:

- Some phones can't display the graphics at full resolution, due to memory limits. Update 2.0.1 contains a new option to better "upscale" the graphics, at a moderate performance cost. This behaviour is the same technique that versions <= 1.4.1 used to display on high resolution devices.

- We have discovered that the color profiles between devices vary widely enough be an issue. Some phone models have their brightness/contrast profiles set extremely high, and this is indeed making the graphics look saturated. We are experimenting with graphics tweaks and experimental filters to try and balance things between various models. It's been a challenge, thus far, which is why no related changes made the 2.0.1 update. 2.0.2 should contain the first iteration.

I you feel the changes above are not addressing your concern, please send us an email at lupislabs@gmail.com with details. Please be specific about what you don't like. Also, include your phone model and firmware level.

---

Q:

I am seeing performance issues. How do I fix them?

A:

- We are aware of performance issues on some revisions of the Samsung Galaxy S. The current "fix" is to disable "High Resolution Graphics" in the options menu. We are actively experimenting for a better fix.

- Some phone models lack the GPU resources to render the game "scaled out". Playing fully zoomed-in will give the best performance on any device.

- Disabling "Bitmap Filtering" in the options menu may improve rendering performance at the expense of image quality.

---

Q:

I don't like the larger tower buttons. Can you make them small again?

A:

Agreed. Made smaller in 2.0.1.

11 comments:

  1. Q: Can you set up a way to automatically reset the teleport towers? That is, after a robo sets the tower off, can it automatically reset? This is what always kills my perfect games - I just can't hit the screen fast enough to catch all those dang jets.

    Q: How does the achievement Chain Smoker work? I set up a mine chain of 12 mines and they went off, but I didnt get the achievement credit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not able to get the last two achievements ("Cornelius Rost" and "What Robot Apocalypse?"). I have tried twice now, and both times the game crashes somewhere in the 80s. It mentions some internal error and I noticed the second time that it flashed something about too many enemies on the screen. Before the recent upgrade I had gotten to level 1020, so I have enough upgraded to be able to accomplish the achievements if the game didn't crash. I am on the HTC Evo.

    And I second what the last guy said about resetting the teleport towers automatically. Perhaps this could be something unlockable (I'm a fan of the other newly added unlockables), and maybe it could be something you could turn on and off since you might not want it on all the time (maybe in the options menu). This would be especially helpful in accomplishing the previously mentioned achievements in survival mode. A major problem is that the game often lags when you have a heavy flow of air enemies and are rapidly trying to reset your teleport towers.

    Thanks a bunch for looking into these issues. Good work with the recent changes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed with the two about the auto reload

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is a mine chain? I just unlocked the shockwave reward but ii don't know how to use it

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is a mine chain? I just unlocked the shockwave reward but I don't know how to use it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Create two or mines together and arm them. When activated, ALL the enemies on screen go BOOM! No matter where they are.

      Delete
  6. How do you transfer you 'Achievements' to a new device?

    My phone is about to die and I need to replace it but don't want to lose my 'Achievements'...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Laurence
    on your sdcard, files named : "robo_defense_full.bak" or "robo_defense_free.bak"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unlocked all acheivements, including Survival mode to level 100, what robot apocolypse, but I havent figured out the new game mode...?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just went from a Galaxy S3 to the Galaxy S5. I put the robo_defense_full.bak onto the S5 SD card but it's not getting detected. Any other options to transfer?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know this is old but for anyone else looking for an answer: you need to copy the robo_defense_full.bak file from the root, then paste it to the root of the new phone, then go into settings of the Robo Defense app and clear storage and cache, then open it and it should read the copied bak file.

    ReplyDelete