The game is crashing. How do I fix it?
This is affecting a small number of phone models (e.g. HTC Desire). We are collecting crash data and are hoping to have fixes out soon. Version 2.0.1 fixes 3 crash situations but it's not verified that the Desire crashes have been resolved.
I prefer the old graphics. Can you change them back?
The original graphics were developed for 480x320 displays. The newest displays have a 1280x800 resolution with higher resolutions expected soon. Higher resolution graphics are needed to support these new devices.
We are working on changes:
- Some phones can't display the graphics at full resolution, due to memory limits. Update 2.0.1 contains a new option to better "upscale" the graphics, at a moderate performance cost. This behaviour is the same technique that versions <= 1.4.1 used to display on high resolution devices.
- We have discovered that the color profiles between devices vary widely enough be an issue. Some phone models have their brightness/contrast profiles set extremely high, and this is indeed making the graphics look saturated. We are experimenting with graphics tweaks and experimental filters to try and balance things between various models. It's been a challenge, thus far, which is why no related changes made the 2.0.1 update. 2.0.2 should contain the first iteration.
I you feel the changes above are not addressing your concern, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with details. Please be specific about what you don't like. Also, include your phone model and firmware level.
I am seeing performance issues. How do I fix them?
- We are aware of performance issues on some revisions of the Samsung Galaxy S. The current "fix" is to disable "High Resolution Graphics" in the options menu. We are actively experimenting for a better fix.
- Some phone models lack the GPU resources to render the game "scaled out". Playing fully zoomed-in will give the best performance on any device.
- Disabling "Bitmap Filtering" in the options menu may improve rendering performance at the expense of image quality.
I don't like the larger tower buttons. Can you make them small again?
Agreed. Made smaller in 2.0.1.
Monday, February 28, 2011
Sunday, February 27, 2011
After a long BETA cycle to ensure maximum phone compatibility, we are happy to release version 2.0.0 of Robo Defense. This version includes the following enhancements: